Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hair Bow Holder

It's FINALLY done! After two months or so of dragging my feet, I finally completed Kay's new hair bow holder! And not with a moment to spare! Frank comes home tonight so that means tomorrow we will be on the road, heading/moving to Colorado. I'm taking a momentary break from packing, as I'm exhausted and in pain and it's barely noon. It seems Baby Boy likes to push in one particular area on my stomach and has strained a few muscles, making it almost impossible for either of us to move without causing me to be in pain. So I'm extremely happy to share my finished project... and give you an update on the ECU T-shirt blanket. First the project at hand...


This project meant a lot of firsts for me... Like first time spray painting, using a glue gun, buying ribbon... Now that I think about it, the holder probably cost me a little more than I would have liked to spend, but I had nothing on hand since I'm a brand new crafter. Luckily, my mom had a hot glue gun so I didn't need to buy one, but I will be purchasing one in the very new future... They're awesome!

I purchased the frame at the local thrift store, on a half price day, $2
Spray paint & 2 packages of hooks at Home Depot (no coupons :/) $5
Ribbon and 4 flowers $6 at Hancock Fabrics - all on sale items :)
So I invested about $13 and a good hour overall. Not too bad...

Day 1 Mark off and screw in hooks. Sand frame (another first) a bit and wash
Day 2 Light coat of spray paint, let dry for 20 minutes. Coat 2, let dry overnight.
Day 3 Discovered a few missed or discolored spots, coat 3. 30 minutes later, noticed paint drying in crackly lines
Day 4 Sand again. Paint again (1 light coat), dry overnight.
Day 5 Discover great success with painting! Yay! Measure and mark for ribbon. Learn my dad's staple gun is broken. Again. Mom finds glue gun, so Plan B. Glue all tops down, let dry. Pull ribbon tight, glue bottoms. Glue 3 of 4 flowers onto frame. Glue 4th flower to pink plastic head band purchased at Target (2 pack, $1) instead of on frame because flower and frame are the same color. Happy Dance!

Officially this project was completed on Monday. :)

ECU T-shirt Blanket Update: Finished as of 1am today! Yeahhhh! Post to follow sometime in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Love it! You are too stinkin crafty! Pretty sure we can't be friends anymore because of that. Go ahead.....move to Colorado! :)

    ReplyDelete