Monday, February 6, 2012

German Chocolate Cupcakes


German Chocolate Cupcakes

1 pkg. German chocolate cake mix (Yes, I know. But it's way less time consuming)
3 large eggs
1 (8oz) container of sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Bake at 350. 18 minutes for cupcakes.

Coconut-Pecan Filling
1 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 & 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted

Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 8 to 10 minutes (10). Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans. Cool completely.

Chocolate Butter cream
I wing it. I don't measure. But I'll guess.
1 cup butter
bit of vanilla
cocoa powder, less than a 1/4 of a cup.
1 cup melted chocolate
Mix well, and right away after adding melted chocolate.
powdered sugar & milk. I add until I have the right consistency. 1/2 big bag of powdered sugar, tablespoon at a time of milk, probably a 1/4 of a cup, or less. (ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment