Monday, February 6, 2012

Reese's Peanut Buttercup Banana Bread


This is the absolute best banana bread I have ever. ever. eaten. Actually, I do not like banana bread, it's a Frank food. I make it for him and Kay, and am glad when it's gone. I scoured blogs, and recipe sites for hours, literally hours to find a recipe worthy enough for Frank's care package. This one is a keeper, and one I can't keep my fingers off of!

Reese's Peanut Buttercup Banana Bread
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup peanut butter (of course, I didn't measure, but I used about a cup)
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
Mix all those together, batter will be lumpy.
Add...
1 & 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp soda
1 & 1/2 tsp powder
1/2 tsp salt

Stir in 8oz bag, yes the whole thing of Reese's Mini Cups. I did this, and it didn't look like enough peanut butter cups, so I also used the leftover cups I had gotten for the  Peanut-Peanut Buttercup-Cupcakes. So a bag and a half.

Today I used a metal loaf pan, greased well. I split the batter, and used most of it in the loaf pan, then made 10 cupcake sized breads. Obviously I needed to taste test these before I sent them all the way to Texas. I ate 3, as soon as they cooled.
Bake at 325 ish for about an hour. The cupcakes only baked about 20-30 minutes. And they didn't brown up as good as the above picture.

I found the said, best banana bread recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment