Thursday, January 26, 2012

Peanut-Peanut Butter Cup-Cupcakes

What can I say? It all started with a craving; peanut butter cupcakes, with rich chocolate icing. Fueled by a riveting episode of Cupcake Wars, and armed with a new idea of topping the pre-baked cupcakes with chopped peanuts, I entered the kitchen yesterday afternoon. Here are the results...




Nothing hard about making these... I used a Dunkin Hines cake mix - I know it's sacrilegious- but I wanted cupcakes, and I wanted them now. My capacity for standing long periods of time have diminished considerably, especially after a full morning of shopping and foregoing a nap to get dinner started. According to true form I doctored the mix a bit and added a cup or more of creamy peanut butter. Scoop, sprinkle (with said peanuts), bake, cool.

Not matter how lazy I feel, I can always muster up enough energy to make my own icing. So that's what I did... butter, vanilla, cocoa powder, melted chocolate, powdered sugar, cream, and Voila! Bag, pipe, sprinkle and top with the new mini Reese's. Best part was sharing with some very dear friends at our prayer meeting last night :)


2 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I was just telling the girls at work after looking at these that you kept me fat in college! Always baking and then making sure you had extra batter for me so I could just have batter! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were absolutely delicious!!!!!! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete