Monday, January 30, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

My friend Danielle brought these amazing cookies to lunch one day, since they've became our favorite cookie. She got the recipe from Money Saving Mom. Yesterday I made a batch to take to some friends, and with all my recipes packed away in storage some place between Virgina and Colorado, I had to hunt Danielle's blog, and google before I finally texted Danielle to ask where I could find it. So for my own personal convenience, I'm posting the recipe on my own blog. But wanted to give credit, where credit is due.


Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter
1/3 cup peanut butter (I used at least a cup)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 & 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I used half white, half whole wheat)
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt (I didn't use this much, I don't like to use salt in cookies, so I reduced to a pinch)
2 cups oats (Any kind)
12 oz chocolate chips
Cream first 6 ingredients together.
Add flour/soda/salt mixture.
Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

I'm thinking the next time I make these cookies - this week, for Frank's care package- I'm going to add nuts as well.

1 comment: