Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cranberry Cake

This morning before church, my domesticated self, whipped up Cranberry Cake. This was a first time recipe for me to prepare, although my mom has been making it since we moved south of the Mason Dixon.


Cranberry Cake
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup softened butter
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 & 1/2 cups cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans
almonds

Beat eggs with sugar for 5 minutes.
Add butter and extracts.
Stir in flour, then cranberries and pecans. Today I used walnuts. Also we use a whole bag of cranberries - no sense in saving leftover berries to rot in the fridge.
Top with slivered almonds.
Bake at 350 for 55 minutes - 1 hour.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I saw cranberries at Trader Joes for a really good price. I bought them for Charlotte and pureed them to mix in with her yogurts, but next time I'm going to get an extra bag to make this for us. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for yogurts! You can freeze the berries in the bag too. My mom usually stocks up after Christmas time. They keep really well!

    ReplyDelete